Forex Vantage is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information obtained. Our privacy and security policy explains how we collect personal information about you, and how that information is maintained and used.?
By accessing this website or other service we provide to you, you consent to Forex Vantage collecting, maintaining, using and disclosing personal information about you and provided by you or by another person as described below.
This Privacy and Security Policy applies to all organizations within the Forex Vantage group of companies ('CMC Markets').
Why do we collect your information?
Forex Vantage is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal information which Forex Vantage obtains from you, including the information we obtain during your visits to our websites or the provision of our services to you. Forex Vantage will only use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy and Security Policy and in accordance with United Kingdom data protection legislation.
Forex Vantage collects certain personal information in order that it may meet the needs of its customers. By collecting certain personal information, Forex Vantage is able to monitor and improve the services which it offers to its existing and potential clients. We will use this information for the following purposes: establishing and maintaining your account, providing our services to you, improving our services, regulatory notifications and marketing.
Forex Vantage will collect and hold information about you when you complete an online application or other type of form or access and trade on your account through our platform or another service we provide to you.
Forex Vantage may derive information from your use of this website or another service we provide to you and may store this information with your personal profile. This information may include site areas visited, pages viewed, frequency and duration of visits, types of transactions conducted, documents downloaded and other websites which may have referred you or to which you link.
How do we use the information?
Forex Vantage may use information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide the services to you that you have requested including processing Transactions;
- To confirm your identity;
- To maintain your personal profile
- To manage your account;
- To contact you when necessary or appropriate in relation to the services being provided to you;
- To keep you updated whilst you are a client in relation to matters such as your trading activities and activities of CMC Markets;
- To manage and administer the products and services provided to you;
- To provide you with information regarding the products and services offered by CMC Markets;
- To develop an understanding of the products and services that you may be interested in obtaining from CMC Markets;
- To provide you with information or opportunities that we believe may be relevant to you;
- To tailor the website or other service we provide to you to your needs and interests; and
- To create anonymity statistical data.
You consent to Forex Vantage using your personal information for the above-stated purposes. You also consent to Forex Vantage transferring your personal information outside the European Economic Area where this is necessary for Forex Vantage to fulfill its contractual obligations to you. Please note that Forex Vantage only transfers personal information to organizations outside the EEA if Forex Vantage has assessed the organization as having appropriate controls and safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
Who may Forex Vantage disclose this information to?
Forex Vantage may be required to provide your personal information to:
- The Financial Conduct Authority and other regulatory and government bodies from time to time in the UK and other countries.
- Financial institutions and other similar organizations that it deals with in the course of its corporate activities, or those that are nominated by you;
- External service providers and professional advisers (which may be located overseas) that provide services to Forex Vantage;
- Any organization at your request or any persons acting on your behalf, including your financial adviser, broker, solicitor or accountant;
- Any third parties where this is necessary to process a transaction or provide services which you have requested; or
- Any authority to whom Forex Vantage is required to disclose such information by law.
- Please note that Forex Vantage does not sell or provide your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Forex Vantage may use personally identifiable information to create anonymity statistical data. Forex Vantage may provide this statistical data to its business partners or third parties. In no circumstances will you be able to be identified from this statistical data; you will remain anonymous.
You may inform Forex Vantage at any time that your personal details have changed or that you wish Forex Vantage to delete personal information we hold about you by emailing Client Services. Forex Vantage will change or delete your personal information in accordance with your instructions, except to the extent that we are required to hold your personal information for regulatory or legal purposes, to provide you with the services you have requested or to maintain adequate business records.?
When you use this website or other services we provide to you, you may be able to link to other websites. This Privacy and Security Policy does not apply to those sites. Forex Vantage encourages you to read the privacy policies on such sites.?
When cookies are used by us, they collect statistical and factual information about how you use our services. Most internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to have your computer notify you each time a cookie is sent to it, and thereby give yourself the choice whether to accept it or not. However, this may impair the quality of the services that we provide to you in relation to your account.?
Forex Vantage takes security very seriously and adopts industry and information security best practices to protect your personal information and ensure it is not accessed by unauthorized persons. Measures include encryption of data during transmission, strong authentication mechanisms and secure access to machines and data.?
You need not give us any of the personal information requested by CMC Markets. However, without that information, Forex Vantage may be unable to open an account for you, where the information is requested in an application form, or to provide you with any other services, information or assistance you have sought.?
Should you have any questions or complaints about your privacy please contact us. If a complaint is not resolved by Forex Vantage to your satisfaction, you may complain to the Information Commissioner.
Under the UK data protection legislation, you have (subject to certain exceptions) the right to obtain copies of any personal information which Forex Vantage holds about you and to inform Forex Vantage of any inaccuracy.
If you have a request, please contact Forex Vantage to obtain a subject access request form.?We may charge a nominal fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Forex Vantage may make changes to this Privacy and Security Policy from time to time for any reason and will notify you of such changes by posting an updated version of this policy on this website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Privacy and Security Policy and if you use this website or other service we provide to you after any changes are published, any such use shall constitute your agreement to those changes.